Monday 19 March 2018

My Current Skincare Routine


Hey guys!

So I've been MIA for a while because college work kept on piling up and I was taking more hours in work so I could have enough money for my summer travels!

I'm back now and I am going to try really hard to be consistent and stay on top of my assignments at the same time!

One thing I have been working on over the past few weeks is a skincare regime that works for my skin and I'm gonna let you guys know what I've been loving and what's been helping my skin out as well.

& Other Stories - Body Soufflé (Miami Muse)


I've been using this body soufflé after every shower for the past few weeks and it feels fabulous!
It smells so sweet and makes my skin feel hydrated and smooth.

I wasn't one to use anything on my body (unless is was before or after tanning) before I started using this and I don't know what I ever did without it!

& Other Stories have a range of body soufflés in store and online for €12.

Payot Peeling Oxygénant Dépolluant


A PR company kindly sent me this peeling mask to try a few weeks ago and I have been loving it! What intrigued me originally was the fact that it bubbled on your face and few seconds after application but since using it, I have noticed a real difference in my skin!

It's an exfoliating mask without any particles and it has really helped even out my skin and help it loo healthier and brighter! It's also pink so what's not to love?

Payot's Peeling Oxygénant Dépolluant has a €38 RRP and is available in selected pharmacies and online!

Sephora Overnight Mask


I stocked up on Sephora's range of overnight masks while I was in Milan and have been making my way through them since.

I find it best to use these once or twice a week and after I open one (there's about three applications per pack) I leave it in the fridge until I use it next. Leaving it on overnight and washing the remnants off in the morning really lets the mask and all its goodness sink into your skin.

My favourite mask so far is the algae mask as it helps to purify and detoxify the skin which is great after weekends away!

Sephora's range of overnight masks are available for €3 from stores and online.

Nivea's Micellar Water for Dry Skin


When I'm too lazy to do my whole routine at night I just use this micellar water and some moisturiser before bed. It's so much better than using makeup wipes (which I'm usually very guilty of using) and much kinder on your skin as well.

I use this every morning as well just to go over my skin and make sure it's clean before I start any makeup.

I bought it in Superdrug a few months ago and haven't seen it since but there's so many great brands out there with fabulous micellar water!

The Ordinary - Salicylic Acid 2% Solution


Okay so I have a love-hate relationship with this solution. It's marketed as a daily solution for blemishes that claims to gently exfolaite the inside walls of the skin, clearing and clarifying the complexion.

The instructions on the bottle say apply directly to blemishes or a small amount all over the face. I started with applying a small amount all over my face and it was working well for a few weeks until I started to give me salicylic burn on a patch of my skin so I discontinued use for a few days until it cleared. After it cleared, I started to use it all over my face except on the patch that it had irritated and it was doing wonders for me again.

The other night, I stupidly applied it all over my face again and woke up in the middle of the night with my face stinging me again, only to find I had salicylic burn on the same patch again. While it works on most of my face, it does clearly irritate patches of it so the jury's still out on this one!

The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid 2% Solution is available from Beauty Bay for €4.70.

L'Oreal's Fine Flowers Gel-Cream Wash


This gel-cream is perfect for dry and sensitive skin, both of which I have, as rose is known for its soothing properties and jasmine is known for its protecting and moisturising properties. This wash is unscented and lathers easily in water.

I use this wash in the shower (yes I am that lazy) every second day. I apply it to wet skin and massage it all over my face and neck. It helps my skin stay hydrated and it provides the perfect base for makeup in the morning!

I picked this wash up in Dunnes on a whim but it is available from FeelUnique for €4.80.

Kotoha London's Shoyaku Herb Essence Silk Cream


The lovely Yoko from Kotoha London sent me this to try a few months ago and I am in love with it! This moisturiser can be used on normal, oily and combination skin.

I use it sparingly and on very dry patches of my skin when needed and it works wonders overnight. The cream helps to reduce the appearance of open pores and when applied on dry patches of my skin overnight, and not rubbing the cream in, it sinks into my skin and helps to hydrate my skin and reduce the appearance of dry patches, helping them to disappear over a few days.

I love the quality of this product and the fact that it doesn't have a scent. The product comes with a lid but I lost it on my travels a few weeks ago!

The Silk Cream is available from Kotoha London for €43.52.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser


This is my third bottle of this cleanser and I love it! I used it to remove my makeup at night, along with the micellar water and it leaves my skin feeling clean after removing all my makeup!

You don't have to rinse the cleanser off which is great and it smells fantastic as well! The cleanser helps to cleanse the skin as well as locking in moisture.

Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Cleanser is available for €10.99 from Boots.


They're all the products I'm using in my skincare routine at the moment! 
Do you use any of the same products?
What did you think of them?

Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sparkleofpink
Snapchat: Ciarakxo












No comments:

Post a Comment