Wednesday 16 September 2020

Garnier Green Beauty - A Sustainable Story


Hi guys!

I hope you're keeping well. It really is a strange world we are living in at the moment. If you had told me in January that my final year in college (I finish my masters this academic year) would be online and press events would turn virtual, I probably would've laughed.

Hopefully with everyone sticking to the guidelines and the phases for testing a vaccine go to plan, we can gain some form of normality in the near future.

I took some time away from my blog and really most social media over the summer. Despite everything, I had an incredibly fulfilling summer! I am so delighted that I have secured a Training Contract with DLA Piper and will start working with the in 2022. I also quit my part-time job so I could focus on the upcoming academic year and I spent a lot of time away from Dublin which was great!

It has been so nice to get back into the swing of things and the Garnier 'Virtual Press Trip' today was a great start to it all.

I love Garnier products, that is no secret. From Garnier Summer Body to Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food, I am always using their products. The event today highlighted Garnier's clear commitment to Green Beauty by 2025.




We got to hear from experts like Laurent Gilbert and Caroline Delaunay on how Green Sciences will allow Garnier to make the change by limiting their environmental impact and preserving ecosystems. It is so refreshing to hear a brand championing their green initiatives and working towards a more sustainable product as well as more sustainable packaging and practices.

Garnier plans to be 100% carbon neutral by 2025. This is not an easy task from such a large, well-known brand. Challenges surrounding consuming zero virgin plastic, among others are noted but the brand seems confident that their 2025 goal will be met, but the change won't stop there. They also hope to achieve this by the end of 2020 in Europe!

It was so interesting to hear about their goal of using 100% post-consumer recycled material for their packaging in less than five years. They have already preempted issues such as achieving vibrant colours on the already recycled packaging, which shows they are not willing to compromise on the quality of their products while on this sustainable journey!




The Garnier Organic range already includes some products that I don't think I could live without, having used them for just over a year now! I suffer from dry skin and the Argan Multi-Use Rescue Balm does wonders when my skin reacts to harsh weather or goes through a particularly dry spell. The balm is rich but non-greasy which is something I was surprised about. I have used some on my hands in recent months as well as it is great!

New product launches into the range are imminent as well!




 The Hemp Multi-Restore Facial Sleeping Oil is vegan and intend to deeply nourish your skin overnight. Aimed towards dry, sensitive and stressed skin, this is definitely something I would love to try.




The shampoo bar is also a new product I will definitely purchase. With zero plastic waste, and a promise that the product works in the same way (hair goals still achievable!), this is definitely a move in the right direction for haircare!

It was really interesting to hear from Laurent Gilbert (Head of Sustainable Innovation) that they want to replace silicone in products by reinvented the formulation, starting from natural waxes and moving onto even more natural alternatives. 




The launch I am most excited for is the Reusable Eco Pads. I am currently using a few reusable makeup removers, including Face Halo and the Skinny Dip x Primark peaches but these ones are pink so I might just be sold on the colour alone!


The point that was really driven home was that understanding change is important and Garnier are actively trying to understand how they can change as a brand to ensure their environmental impact is low.

Garnier will also remain an accessible brand. Their ambition is to provide products for everyone and remain in the price range they are currently in.




I love that Garnier are putting in a huge amount of work to become a more sustainable brand and look forward to more brands following suit!

What sustainable brands do you love?

Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara
 xoxo

Snapchat: Ciarakxo











No comments:

Post a Comment