Monday 25 August 2014

Essence Fluorescent Top Coat Review

Hey guys!

Recently I bought the essence "glow in the dark" top coat nail varnish.  To be honest, I bought it without high expectations as it wasn't too dear and was claiming to do big things. If you expect the nail varnish to glow as soon as you hit the lights, think again!





As a top coat, it's not transparent in the bottle. It's a creamy white and it also contains a slight shimmer. The varnish drys matte on nails, I'm currently going through a matte nails phase so I love the finish on this top coat! It is easy to apply however, I found it took some time to dry. The recommendation on the bottle said to apply two coats after using a different base. After the first coat, it dried quite quickly but, after the second coat, I couldn't really do much for the next half an hour without smudging the nail varnish.



The glowing part, was a slight letdown. Honestly, don't expect much! In the bottle, it glows, but not that much. If it's held under a light, the nail varnish really starts glowing! I applied the top coat at night time thinking the effect would be better, it really wasn't! I found that if I held it under a light for a few moments, it did glow! Unfortunately the glow only lasted a few minutes.




I really like this nail varnish as a top coat, regardless of whether it glows or not!

The nail varnish is 8ml, it costs around 2.50euro (can't remember exactly). What do you guys think? Will you try this top coat or do you know about a better one? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,
                                 xoxo
                                          Ciara.

1 comment:

  1. Most reviews I've read say the same thing, is it worth buying or should I wait until a better one comes out?

    ReplyDelete