Saturday 13 June 2015

Gerard Cosmetics Review


I ordered five Gerard Cosmetics lipsticks about three weeks ago and they arrived a few days ago! After all the hype from beauty bloggers and youtubers alike, I caved and bought some when I saw a 50% off code online!

I paid €42 for the five, €8.40 each. The lipsticks are usually €16.66 each, close enough to what a MAC lipstick costs. 

After I ordered the lipsticks, I noticed that they had slightly overcharged me and it took four different employees to finally figure out that the mistake was on their end and they refunded me the money. They were fairly prompt with sorting out the issue but I do not find calling something 'Love' or 'Beautiful' is professional at all.

My first impression of the lipsticks was pretty good, I liked the packaging because it is just like the  MAC packaging but on closer inspection, it is made from really cheap plastic, something you wouldn't expect from the price! The lipsticks also smell like crayons, there is no scent to them. For €16.66, that's really bad. Even drugstore lipsticks have a scent to them so it's obvious Gerard Cosmetics are trying to cut corners!

The five shades I got are 1995, Nude, Lilac Moon, Rodeo Drive and Underground.


1995 is a matte, nude brown lipstick. The formula for this lipstick is pretty good, I didn't find it too drying but the longevity of this lipstick is a different story. I haven't worn it out yet but I did put it on purely to see how long it would last. The lipstick lasted about two hours before I had to reapply it and I only had a drink during that period, I didn't do anything that would make the lipstick wear off.


I bought Nude for my sister so there isn't much I can say about this shade. I did swatch it and it's a really nice creamy matte lipstick!


Lilac Moon is the perfect pastel colour with a creamy finish. Again, I put this lipstick on to see how long it would last and I was so sad to discover it lasted less than an hour! I love pastel colours though so I will definitely be wearing this during the summer!



Rodeo Drive is a medium shade with mauve undertones. This lipstick also has a creamy matte finish and it does not dry out your lips! If you're unsure of which Gerard Cosmetics lipstick to buy, Rodeo Drive suits most skin tones so you cannot go wrong with this shade!


Underground is another lipstick I bought for my sister. The only thing I can say about this lipstick is it is a very close dupe to Limecrime's Cashmere! I cannot wait for you guys to see the look my sister creates with this lipstick for the 1989 World Tour on June 29th!



Do you own any Gerard Cosmetics products?
Did you have a similar mishap to mine?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,

xoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment