Tuesday 28 October 2014

Zombie Inspired Halloween Makeup

Still in my 1989 daze.....
                                        But I decided to post my Halloween tutorial anyway!
I love Halloween so much! Getting to use makeup I can't use on an everyday basis is so fun :)

This year I have decided to be a zombie. The makeup I am doing for this look is so easy to follow and I'm sure you guys will have fun with it too! 
Here's a little preview of the finished look: 


 Everything I used for this look I already had in my makeup collection so you shouldn't have to go out and buy anything new..... you'll just have to do a bit of brush scrubbing when you are finished!

To start off I moisturised my skin so the makeup would not dry out my skin too much. After that, I used my foundation and put on a normal base coat,  followed by powder. After I had my base coat on, I got a white eyeshadow and dusted it around my face using a blender brush. This helped my skin look paler than it normally would be.

To get the 'bruised' or 'rotting' spots on my face, I got an old bronzer brush and some black eyeshadow. All you have to do then is dab the eyeshadow onto the corners of your forehead until you get the colour desired. For the cheekbones, you apply the eyeshadow as if it was bronzer and drag the end of the line down your face.

After the bruises are done, move onto the eyes. For this you will need red and black eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow brushes. Apply the black under your eye and continue onto your lid. Messily blend the black all over your eyelid and use a blending brush to blend the eyeshadow further. Just under your brow bone and under your eye, apply some red eyeshadow using a different brush. Blend the two colours together and your eyes are done!


To get the black blood dripping from your eyes, you will need a black liquid eyeliner and a steady hand! Draw a line from your tear duct to the edge of your lid for both eyes (just like winged eyeliner but without the wing!). On the corner of each eyelid, extend the liner down your face in a jagged line. Draw random lines coming out of each line until you are satisfied with the look. On one of your eyes, do the same as the outside but draw this one from your tear duct. 



For the lips, line them with the same eyeliner and extend the bottom lip up slightly. On the extended line, draw two parallel lines downwards to make them look like stitches. After your lips are lined, get a red lipstick (or any other colour you think suits) and do your lips. I decided to dab more eyeliner on my lips and blend it in using an old concealer brush at the end - you do not have to do this if you don't want to but I love the look of it!


This look is so simple to achieve and I loved doing it.
What is everyone else dressing up as for Halloween? 
Do you think you'll be a zombie?
Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Ciara.



1 comment: