Monday 27 October 2014

1989

Okay so.....

Today's post was going to be a Halloween makeup tutorial but I just bought 1989, Taylor Swift's new album so I got sidetracked... 
Instead of a Halloween makeup tutorial, I'm gonna do a post on Taylor's new album because it is flawless.

I had to trek all over Cork just to find the album - every single store I went to was sold out of the deluxe version (AHHHHHHHHHHH NO!) so I eventually settled for the normal version because I couldn't wait any longer!
The CD case comes in a box which has the exact same cover as the case. It's a polaroid of Taylor (well half of her face anyway)

Every album comes with thirteen polaroid pictures of Taylor with  lyrics printed on the bottom. There's a total of sixty-four polaroids out there and you can get 1-13, 14-26 and so on. I got #14 to #26 and mine range from black and white to blurred. I think the polaroids are a really nice touch because it makes the album seem a lot more personal.
There is thirteen tracks on the album. Just in case you are not a Taylor Swift fan, thirteen is her lucky number, hence the repetitive thirteens.
Here is the tracklist:
1. Welcome to New York
2. Blank Space
3. Style
4. Out Of The Woods
5. All You Had To Do Was Stay
6. Shake It Off
7. I Wish You Would
8. Bad Blood
9. Wildest Dreams
10. How You Get The Girl
11. This Love
12. I Know Places
13. Clean

I instantly fell in love with Style. It is an upbeat song written by Taylor, Max Martin, Shellback and Ali Payami. I won't even try do a track-by-track review because I would be here all night and it would go on for pages. 

Basically, in this album, Taylor waved goodbye to her country roots and officially broke into pop music. Each track tells a new story with a different beat. I have had the CD for three hours and it has been on repeat since I got into the car. I'm still listening to it now, all cozy in my bed because it's raining outside :(

Taylor, your fifth studio album will definitely be a hit. The music is easy to dance to and the lyrics are so catchy! The only thing that would make this music even better IS TO HEAR IT LIVE. PLEASE BRING THE TOUR TO IRELAND THIS TIME!

Love's a game, wanna play?

xoxo, 
Ciara.

No comments:

Post a Comment