Tuesday 4 September 2018

Summer in a City Makeup


Hey guys!

If you've been following my Portuguese adventure over the summer, you'll know I spent a few days in Lisbon at the end of July. I've been working in Quinta do Lago in the Algarve but didn't want to come to Portugal without visiting the city. 

I spent two days in Lisbon and it was hot! We're talking 35+ degrees....

I didn't even try to wear makeup during the day because I knew it would make my skin feel horrible. However, on my last night I did some makeup. It wasn't a lot at all but it was perfect for a warm city during the summer.

I got so many compliments about it that I've decided to show you guys what I used for the look!

Base and Finish



As I went out after sunset, I didn't bother with an SPF but if you are considering doing this during the day, you must wear some!

For my primer I used Sleek's Mattifying Primer. I hadn't used this primer before coming over here but had it in my mkaeup drawer and thought it would come in handy with the heat in Portugal! It has a velvety finish and really helped keep my shine at bay.

Sleeks's Mattifying Primer is available in Boots for €10.49 and is currently in their buy one get one half price offer.

I also used my holy grail concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Cool Medium 2 along with MAC's ProLongwear Concealer in NC25, I usually wear NC15 but I have a tan so this is perfect for my skin.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is currently available in Boots for €4.99 and MAC's ProLongwear Concealer is available in Arnotts Beauty Hall for €23.50.


The only powder I have ever used is Rimmel's Stay Matte powder because I have never found a powder that works as well for me.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is currently in Boots 2 for €13 offer so if you like their foundation, it's definitely worth getting! Otherwise, it retails for €5.99.



I also used the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to set everything in place when I was finished my makeup. I have tried and tested so many different setting sprays and All Nighter always does the job, even in hot and humid countries. 

I was kindly gifted this setting spray by Urban Decay and will always repurchase as it is my holy grail setting spray!

Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray is available in Debenhams and is currently on offer for €27.90.  


Brows and Lashes


As I wasn't going to use much makeup at all, I decided lashes were the perfect thing to finish the look off. I used the SOSU Gigi Lashes which are available from the SOSU website for €5.95.

I also used the Klenacolor clear eyelash glue which I bought on ShopMissA last year. For $1 it was fasntastic and I would 100% repurchase.

For my brows, I used the Wet n' Wild  Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash Brown and a clear brow gel that the label has rubbed off so I have no idea where I bought it from! I only use powder in my brows and then set it with the gel because my brows are fairly full as it is.

The Wet n' Wild  Ultimate Brow Kit is available in selected Dunnes Stores for €4.79.

Highlight 



I love a good glow and only used a little on the high-points of my face and a little on my cupid's bow. I knew I would tan while over here so I packed my Urban Decay After Glow Palette due to the gold hue in the highlighters.

I used the shade Side Piece from the set and originally bought it in Debenhams but I think it has been discontinued since.


Lip liner and Lipstick

I was very good and only brought one lip liner with me, NYX Professional Makeup's Wonder Pencil in light as it doubles as an eyeliner for my waterline. I use it with almost every lipstick as it lines your lips but matches my skin tone so you can barely notice it!

I was kindly gifted NYX Professional Makeup's Wonder Pencil a few months ago and have since repurchased it as I love it so much!

NYX Professional Makeup's Wonder Pencil is available in Arnotts for €6.

I also used Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Crème in Lovecraft. I love this shade because it's is the perfect mauve nude for the transition from summer to autumn and it looks good with almost everything I wear. I got this in the Give Me Some Lip set from Sephora (check out my last post to hear all about it) but it is available in Debenhams for €21.

Do you guys have any of the same summer must-haves as me?
Do you have any other product suggestions for hot weather?

Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sparkleofpink
Snapchat: Ciarakxo

No comments:

Post a Comment