Friday 5 July 2019

New York Haul


Hey guys!

As promised, here's my haul for NYC. It took me a while to get this up because after New York, I was sick for a good ten days. Then I went to France and I've been working ridiculous hours since I've been home!

I know this haul doesn't look like much but to be honest, I was surprised with the restraint I had while I was in NYC! I knew I didn't need to buy any makeup as I have SO MUCH to get through so I only picked up a few bits I have wanted for ages!


Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream


A cult favourite in America, this cream isn't too widely available in Ireland and after seeing so many people gush about the Bum Bum Cream online, I knew I had to pick it up this time!

I went for the largest tub because I felt like treating myself and I cannot wait to use it. Sol de Janeiro claims that this all over body cream smoothens your skin while leaving it soft and hydrated. My skin can get so dry in the summer months, even though I moisturise and drink lots of water!

I haven't opened the tub yet but I will be sure to let everyone know how I get on with the Bum Bum Cream!

I picked mine up in Sephora for $45.


Urban Decay Born to Run Palette


I know I said I didn't need anymore palettes a while back but I've had UD's Born to Run on my list for a few months now! I love the neutrals in this palette and the shades on the more adventurous side (the jewel shades) really do compliment any neutral look with a gorgeous pop of colour.

Urban Decay's quality never disappoints and these really do last all day! I couldn't say no to purchasing the palette when it was only $29 over Memorial Day Weekend in Sephora!

While it's not on sale anymore, you can pick up the Born to Run palette in Sephora for $49.


Hawaiian Pink Hibiscus PocketBac Hand Sanitiser 


I picked up a small hand sanitiser in Bath & Body Works when I got some candles as well because, lets face it, the NYC Subway is not clean! You need to sanitise your hands after each ride and it is 100% necessary to do so before eating as well!

I chose this one because it's pink and also smells fantastic. I definitely wish I had picked up a few more because they're so handy and smell great!

You can get single sanitisers or a packet from Bath & Body Works.


Sephora Collection Pro Domed Foundation Brush #78


I'll admit that I completely splurged on this brush! I have heard so many people rave about Sephora's brushes and after talking to one of the lovely girls that works there, she suggested the Pro Domed Foundation Brush, having described it as a blending sponge in a brush. 

I swear by the Real Techniques Sponge and having tried this brush a few times now, I definitely agree with the employee's description! My foundation just glides on and it is beyond easy to blend and nothing becomes cakey and there are never any spots on my face that aren't covered!

If you're looking for a new foundation brush, I would definitely recommend this one!

You can get the Sephora Pro Domed Founation Brush in stores and online for $36.


Colourpop Cosmetics Yes, Please! Palette


 I love Colourpop and have used their single pressed shadows for years now. I didn't see any palettes in stock in the Ulta I went to last year so couldn't resist buying one when I saw the stand was fully stocked this year!

For $16 this palette is a steal and it just screams gorgeous, sunkissed glowing looks to me. The warm neutrals paired with the metallic shades are the perfect combination for any evening or summer session looks!

If you're in NYC, the Ulta nearest to The MET has a Colourpop stand and it is well worth the visit.

Otherwise, the palette is available from Ulta's website for $16.


Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder


This powder is hands down my favourite purchase from the whole trip! A lot of you won't know this but I was super close to my granny, Kitty, before she passed away when I was younger. We both loved pink and I was literally called Mini Kitty but a lot of people who knew the two of us. I chose Kitty as my confirmation name when I was 12 and always use it now, hence CiaraKittyK!

If I was to describe what Kitty smelt like, it would literally be this powder so I knew I had to purchase it on this trip to New York. I haven't opened it yet and don't plan on doing so anytime soon but I love being able to just take it off my shelf and smell it.

The CVS website is not available outside of the US so I can't access the page or how much it was but this loose powder is available from CVS Pharmacy!


Sephora Insider Kat Von D Birthday Gift 2019


I have a Sephora Insider card and the staff in one of the stores was kind enough to give me my birthday gift for this year when I said I was visiting from Ireland and I chose the Kat Von D birthday gift.

The gift includes a mini Tattoo Liner, a mini Lock It powder and small samples of the Studded Kiss line. I have wanted to try the liner and powder for a while now so it was a no-brainer when I was asked which gift I would like.

If you're in the US on a J1 or just a visit, it's totally worth getting an Insider card and asking for your birthday gift before you come home!


Well, there you guys have it! A rundown of all of the makeup related products I bought this time around in New York! There were definitely a lot of products I wanted but knew I didn't need at all so this haul isn't huge but I am definitely happy with everything I bought!

Have you just returned from America?
What kind of products did you buy?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Snapchat: Ciarakxo






No comments:

Post a Comment