Thursday 4 August 2016

The Week I Had No Makeup Bag!


Hey guys!

If you follow me on social media, you'll know I left my makeup bag in Limerick last week. I only realised halfway into a three hour journey and we obviously couldn't turn back at that point! 

My mum kindly offered me the use of some brushes she never uses, my aunt gave me a spare mascara she had and I already had a concealer in my handbag. I decided to only buy the bare minimum in the pharmacy in Schull and ended up buying some of the Essence range.

I had never used the brand for a full face before this week and decided to let you guys know what I thought of each product!


All About Matt Foundation


I got this foundation in 05 Matt Vanilla, the palest shade they had available. At only €2.10, I didn't have high hopes for this foundation and I'm glad I didn't have any expectations. The coverage isn't great and it definitely does not last 12 hours!

If you're starting out in makeup, this foundation would be perfect for you but I'll be chucking this out on Saturday when I get my makeup back!


All About Matt Fixing Powder


Just like the foundation, I didn't have high hopes for the powder either but I was surprised with how well it worked, especially for setting concealer under my eyes. For €3.80, I will definitely be repurchasing this even if I just use it to set my under eyes.


Silky Touch Blush


This blusher solidified the fact that Essence really is a brand aimed towards young teens and people only beginning to use makeup. I bought the blusher in 10 |Adorable and it was €2.10 and I just needed a hint of colour for my cheeks. I really had to use a lot of this product to get any sort of colour pay-off and unfortunately I'll probably be binning this on Saturday as well.


Quattro Eyeshadow


My mum also kindly gave the use of the eyeshadow she had packed for our holidays. I bought this mini-palette in 05 To Die For a few years ago for her so I knew what it was going to be like. I love the quattro eyeshadow and used them for my bronzer and brows as well. I used the shade under the hightlight for my brows and the shade that has hit pan for bronzer. The highlight shade is great and I used it under my brow and as a highlight too.

Ultimately, I would buy this mini-palette again for myself as I fell in love with it all over again this past week!


Maybelline Great Lash Mascara


If you're looking for volume, this isn't the mascara for you. It does lengthen your lashes but I prefer my own mascara. If you've been gifted my lashes that only need colour and definition, I would definitely invest in one of these! There were no clumps and it was easy to remove so the formula is good but just not suited to me.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer


My  tube of concealer was nearly empty so I did have to slice it open but I love this concealer! You guys know this is one of my holy grail products and I will always repurchase this when I run out!

Have you guys ever had a makeup disaster like mine?
How did you fix it?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Snapchat: Ciarakxo




No comments:

Post a Comment