Wednesday 12 July 2017

Brand Spotlight: NYX Cosmetics


Hey guys!

I cannot believe it's been three weeks since I've had the time to sit down and properly write a blog post! My life right now is literally, work, sleep, eat and repeat. I had my first sleep-in in about ten days and it was heavenly!

During my absence however, I was trying out loads of new products as well as finding myself reaching for old favourites as well. Surprisingly, a lot of these products were NYX Cosmetics!

NYX is such a fabulous, budget-friendly brand and one that has been in my makeup bag for years.

The first NYX product I ever bought was there soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen,
 a perfect deep plum shade that I love. To get the berry shade I like and a full coverage look, it does require a few layers which takes time to dry. Other than that, I do love the formula, even if it fades after a few hours, as most liquid lips do.

I got sent a couple new shades from the collection a few weeks ago and they're so nice. One of the shades I got was Tokyo, a light pink that is perfect for spring and summer! One coat will give you sheer coverage while two with give you a gorgeous full coverage lip!

Cannes, another soft matte lip cream is more on the nude side, the perfect mauve nude for all year round, in my opinion! Just like Tokyo, you'll need two coats to gain a full coverage look with this shade!

Their Strobe of Genius highlight kit has been a firm favourite of mine for months and I love using the kit on my eyes as well as my highlight. The palette has seven different shades, so there's a shade to suit everyone, the purple one is my favourite!

NYX's  glitter glue is fabulous as well, I use it all the time as it keeps loose glitter on my lids the whole night and it is perfect for festival glitter as it's safe to use on the cheeks as well! You'll need a strong makeup remove to take the glitter off at the end of the night though because it's made to keep the glitter in place and that's exactly what it does!

I go between primers and from time to time I use their pore filler as my primer, which I love! I have some large pores on my face and this filler reduces their appearance. The only complaint about NYX's Pore Filler has nothing to do with the formula as it makes my skin feel so smooth when I have it on, however, the one I have was half empty when I first opened it, even though the seal was still on! I had to squeeze the life out of it just to get some product out!

Another product I recently got my hands on was the
 Pro Foundation Mixer in Luminous, a pink undertoned foundation mixer that lightens any foundation you mix it with. Although the scent isn't the most pleasant, it does wonders in lightening my foundation to a shade that perfectly matches my skin! 


NYX products are available nationwide in Arnotts, Boots and selected pharmacies.


Have you ever tried NYX products?
What are your favourite ones?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sparkleofpink
Snapchat: Ciarakxo







No comments:

Post a Comment