Thursday 4 February 2016

January Favourites


Hey guys it's Alison again. It's the start of a new month, which means it's time for my January favourites. 


Both myself and Ciara got the NARS Glossybox back in November and ever since then I have been loving everything in it! I would have to say my favourite thing is definitely the blush, Orgasm. I love this blush because it is the perfect peachy pink with a slight shimmer that is sure to brighten up your cheeks. I have been reaching for this blush any time that I wear makeup, a sure sign I am absolutely in love with it! 

 The full sized version costs €30 and is available in Brown Thomas stores. 


Recently, I've been reaching for my old favourite foundation. The Revlon Colourstay foundation has to be my holy grail foundation because of the longevity and colour selection available. I have the combination/oily skin formula, but it's also available in the dry skin formula. The palest shade is perfect for the Irish skin tone, I mean we all know how hard it is to find pale foundations in the drugstore!

 This foundation costs €17.79 in Boots.


One of my favourite eye looks to do is a smoky eye. I find myself reaching for more cool toned eyeshadows nowadays and the MAC eyeshadow in Quarry is perfect for this. It definitely has to be a staple for me in doing a cool-toned smoky eye. I have the pan version which only costs €10 in Brown Thomas. I find that MAC eyeshadows are very pigmented and blend really well, which is why I adore this eyeshadow.


To go along with a smoky eye, you need the perfect blending brush to pull off a seamless look. The best brush that I have found for this so far, is the No7 Eye Contour brush. Brushes are one of those things that can get quite expensive but the No7 brushes are definitely one of my favourites from the drugstore. This brush to me is comparable to the 217 from MAC but obviously it is a fraction of the price at only €11 and is available in Boots currently under a 3 for 2 offer.


The key to finishing off any makeup look is lipstick. Once again lipsticks can get quite expensive, but one place that I always look is Penneys. Penneys and Dunnes Stores stock a relatively inexpensive brand from the US called Wet 'n' Wild. This is where one of my favourite lipsticks comes from. I have the MegaLast Lipstick in the shade Bare It All, as nude shades are my favourite to wear on an everyday basis.The formula of this lipstick sone of my favourites because it is a semi matte cream formula which lasts quite a while on my lips and is definitely worth the minimal price that you pay for it!

 I got this lipstick for €2.99 in Penneys. 

What were your January favourites?
Let me know in the comments below!

Alison x. 


Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment