Saturday 7 January 2017

What I Got For Christmas 2016


Happy New Year guys!

I took some time out over Christmas and the start of the New Year to spend some time with family and friends. I'm so excited for 2017 and all of the new opportunities and experiences it'll bring!

So many people have been sharing what they got for Christmas on their blogs and vlogs and after a few comments about whether or not I would do one. I decided I would. I am so thankful for everything I got from family over Christmas and by no means expected the sheer generosity of everyone.


I was lucky enough to receive two Micheal Kors products this Christmas - one which I was lusting after for months as well!

The first one I got was the Rhea Medium Backpack in a gold metallic colour that I absolutely love! I had seen the bag in Brown Thomas and just fell in love. If you are looking to invest in a bag, I would definitely recommend this one! There is a lot more room in the bag than I expected and the zipper only opens on one side which makes me feel a lot safer when walking around with it.

The second item I received was a gorgeous maroon wallet that matches the bag I got for my 18th birthday last year. It was a surprise present and I was so happy when I got it! There is plenty of card room in the wallet (coming from me, someone who owns too many cards!) and I just adore the colour. Unfortunately I couldn't find the wallet online but the website has a lot of similar styles!

The bag and the wallet (or similar designs) can be found on the Michael Kors website and they currently have a sale on as well!


If you know me, you know this picture has two of my favourite things in it; Harry Potter and scented candles.

Some of my family visited the States just before Christmas and I had to send them into Bath and Body Works to pick up a candle for me! My requirements were sweet and pink, two things that this candle most definitely is. If you don't like sweet scents I'd steer clear of the Red Velvet Cupcake candle but I love it and my room smells delicious!

Bath and Body Works candles are available from their website.

I also got a set of Harry Potter mugs from Penneys that are fab. I love Harry Potter and have done since I was tiny, the books and movies have always been on my shelves and I may have bought a few pairs of pyjamas over the years as well.


Two more things I got from the States are Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck perfume and a Victoria Secret body spray.

Wonderstruck has become like gold dust over here and I love it so much so I asked my mum to look for it while she was away. I was so happy when I got this because it's my signature scent and I am running out of my last bottle.

I also got a Victoria Secret body spray in Love Spell Night. Love Spell is one of my favourite sprays from Victoria Secret and Love Spell Night is slightly more muskier and just as divine!

Check out the full collection on Victoria Secret's website!


It wouldn't be Christmas without new makeup and I love the new products I got for Christmas and trying them out has been fab!

I love Anastasia Beverly Hill's Glow Kits and kept on hinting that Moonchild was my favourite to my sister who thankfully picked up on it! Moonchild has six duo-chrome metallic finish shades that are adventurous for highlight so if you flinch at the thought of a metallic green highlight (I wore it for NYE!) then this palette definitely isn't for you.

Moonchild is available from the ABH website and they ship to Ireland!

I also got a mini matte lip kit from Colourpop, I chose It's Vintage because it has so many shades that are perfect for all the seasons, not just the colder months. I have only worn Bianca and Love Bug, both of which I loved and cannot wait to wear the rest of these! They lasted all day and didn't smudge or transfer onto mugs which I loved.

I also got Maneater - an ultra metallic lip from Colourpop that is amazing. It's a rose gold shade and perfect for a night out if you're going for a neutral eye and a bold lip.

Both of these products are available from Colourpop's website.

 I also got the NYX Glitter Primer because I recently bought a few glitters from MAC and NYX but forgot to pick up a primer so the glitter would actually stay on my lid! I have used the primer twice since Christmas and I love it! It does the job and prevents fallout which is all you need in a primer.

You can pick up the NYX Glitter Primer in their new stand in Arnotts!

The last beauty related item I got was an eye mask from Sephora. I have heard so many people rave about how great these are to wear during long haul flights and decided to try one out for myself as I have a few trips planned for 2017 already.

Sephora's collection of eye masks are available in stores and online.


The last few bits I got for Christmas are some of my favourites.

My mum picked up some essentials for me in Victoria Secret was she was in the States and I also got my all-time favourite jellies - Sour Patch Watermelon. 

If you haven't tried Sour Patch Watermelon you are seriously missing out! I love them so much and if I know anyone visiting the States, I always ask them to bring home some for me.

If you guys want swatches or a review of any of the products in this post let me know in the comments below!
Happy New Year everyone and I hope you had a happy and safe break with your friends and family.

Ciara,
xoxo.
Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sparkleofpink
Snapchat: Ciarakxo


No comments:

Post a Comment