Wednesday 26 April 2017

Binge-Worthy TV


Hey guys!

I recently got back into Netflix and binge-watching tv shows and have compiled a short list of my favourite shows to just watch in my room where I like don't leave for the day and surround myself with food and blankets and it is fabulous.

Riverdale


I started this show in March where there were only seven episodes on Netflix and I watched all seven in one night with zero regrets. Riverdale follows the lives of a group of teenagers in small-town America after one of their own goes missing.

It is gripping from the start and currently on episode ten, with a confirmed second season. It took me about ten minutes to fall in love with Archie (played by KJ Apa), who is nineteen in real life which makes me very happy.

Pretty Little Liars


So there's only eight episodes of PLL left until the end. If you've been following it since season one, the end will be coming with a sigh of relief for secrets being revealed once and for all but the end of an era is never fun.

PLL follows the five 'liars' and how their lives change after one friend, Alison, goes missing one summer. Secrets and schemes twist into a story-line for this show, after the girls start to receive threatening messages from '-A-, an unknown stalker out for revenge. The show is gripping and every episode leaves me wanting more.

Grab your ice cream and prepare for a night under the sheets, maybe the next day too as all seven seasons (with a new episode weekly) are on Netflix!

13 Reasons Why


Based on the novel by Jay Asher, 13 Reasons Why is a Netflix original series that follows the death of a student, Hannah Baker and the thirteen reasons that caused her to end her life.

I read the book a few summers ago and, for lack of a better word, loved it. It was heartbreaking from the outset but I felt like it captured the situation Hannah was in perfectly. While I did binge a few episodes in one day, they are an hour long and are very hard-hitting.

I would highly recommend this show to everyone but would caution people as well as it does contain sensitive material and has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Hawaii Five-O


Currently in its seventh series, Hawaii Five-O is a reboot of the original series of the same name that began in the late 60's. I love crime shows and this one follows an elite task force team on the island of Hawaii.

Each episode follows the team tackling a new crime, whether it be cross-border or not. The story-line is gripping and my absolute favourite bromance, McGarrett and Danno, partners in crime fighting make the show so entertaining. I love the pairing and the show never ceases to make me laugh with the antics the cast has together.

Hawaii Five-O is on Sky1 every Sunday at 9pm and you can catch up on the series with Sky On Demand!

The Vampire Diaries


If you follow me on snapchat (ciarakxo) you'll know I finally finished this show last week, after putting off watching the finale for a month. I cried, numerous times and am not okay with the fact that the show is over after eight years.

TVD follows the life of Elena Gilbert and her friends in the months after her parents die, when she meets Stefan, a vampire and all of the trials and tribulations the group faces as they grow up in the supernatural town of Mystic Falls.

Besides having an extremely good looking cast (Michael Trevino hello!), the plot always thickens as the Salvatore brothers' enemies and those who want to harm Elena flock to the Virginia town.

Seasons 1-7 of The Vampire Diaries is available on Netflix!

Have you binged on any of these shows?
What did you think of them?
Let me know in the comments below!


Ciara,
xoxo.
Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sparkleofpink
Snapchat: Ciarakxo











No comments:

Post a Comment