Wednesday 30 January 2019

How to Make the Most of Your Weekends


Hey guys!

I am working on my 'Shopping My Stash' for January but I'm also on such a productive buzz at the moment that I decided to share what I do on the weekends to make the most of my time.

I balance a part-time job on top of final year college work so I have to plan my weekends in advance so I can get everything done, while having downtime as well.

I love planning. I don't know why but it's one of my best assets along with my organisation skills. If you read my previous post on my tips and tricks for semester two, you'll know my weekly planner is one of my favourite things to do ahead of a busy week.

Plan Ahead


No surprise here! If you feel like a brunch with the girls on Sunday, or a movie night on Saturday, make sure to solidify these plans before you change your mind.

I get my roster for the following week every Friday evening. When I get it, I make sure to plan my downtime before I do anything else. Whether it's casual drinks on Friday night or a night out on Saturday, if I don't make plans the week before, I'm more than likely not going to go out.

After I plan my downtime, I start to look at what readings I still have to do for the upcoming week and what might be due soon. Fitting an hour or two of reading into your weekend plans shouldn't be difficult. On top of that, study time is a must!

Planning ahead (not everything has to be set in stone), gives you an idea of what needs to be done, along with what free time you have, should an opportunity to go out pop up during the week.


Don't Stretch Yourself Thin


Do not leave everything to the weekend. If you've readings, set aside an hour every evening to ensure you stay on top of things. If you commute, bring some readings on the bus (I only started doing this recently and it has been so helpful!).

Try not to plan every minute of the weekend. Leave a few hours free each day and don't overdo the studying or working. This won't be beneficial for your mental or physical health because you can be heightening your stress levels unnecessarily and draining yourself for the week ahead, before it even begins.

While I do work weekends, I work a short shift on Saturday (four or five hours) and a full day on Sunday. Not every workplace can do this, but if you talk to a manager, this could be great for you. For me, it means I can have Saturday afternoon/evenings to myself but a full day on Sunday means I still have a nice wage the following week.

While it can be good to stretch yourself some weeks, doing it every weekend won't be good for you in the long haul!


Don't Forget to Exercise!


It's all well and good to say you exercise during the week but even a Sunday stroll is better than nothing at the weekend! I don't know how many times I've complained about a headache and my parents tell me to go for a walk in the fresh air.

While I usually snap back at them... I hate to admit that they're actually right. A brisk five or ten minute walk can clear your head and even though it is bitterly cold at the moment, the fresh air will actually do some good.


Ignore Sunday Night Blues


I don't mind going to college but does the prospect of actually having to leave my warm bed on a Monday morning to get onto a busy bus ruin my mood a little? Yes! 

One way to combat the Sunday night blues is to have something to look forward to on a Sunday evening! For me it's usually watching Hawaii Five-O with my parents, sometimes with a glass of wine, otherwise it's hot chocolate. Knowing I will be spending my evening doing something I enjoy, helps to keep my blues at bay!


How do you spend your weekends?
Do you like to make the most of them like me?

Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Snapchat: Ciarakxo


No comments:

Post a Comment