Wednesday 9 January 2019

Updated Skincare Routine!


Hey guys! 

Back in March I did my skincare routine and a lot has changed since then! From my previous post, y'all will know that I'm making an active effort to go through what I own before buying any new makeup and skincare and I have slowly but surely been making my way through my skincare collection since March.

At the moment, my skin is pretty great, I get the odd breakout (Exam stress is a real killer for my skin), but overall, I get the odd blemish and that's about it.

For the most part, I can put it down to how I'm looking after my skin at the moment because it really is the most time and effort I have ever put into a skin routine!

The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% and Ferulic Acid 3%


I panic-purchased this when the drama with Deciem was happening a few months ago because it was one of the products I had on my list to buy, but hadn't gotten around to yet.

The blend of resveratrol and ferulic acid combines two of the most powerful antioxidants for skin. It is quite an oily product and while you can use it in conjunction with other serums and moisturisers, I apply it topically to my face and use my night cream everywhere else.

I only use it at night due to the oily nature of the product and have not noticed any redness or irritation (like I've experienced with previous Ordinary products) and would definitely recommend this to anyone who would love to give their skin an extra boost of antioxidants!

I bought mine on Beauty Bay for €6.25.


Witch Blemish Gel


Y'all know I love my Kelkin Clear Skin roller but my pharmacy has not had it in stock for ages! So, when I saw this blemish gel, I decided to try it since there was no point in just waiting for my usual skin saviour to come back into stock.

I picked this up in another pharmacy and cannot remember the price of it for the life of me, but it was similar enough in price to the skin roller (€4.65), so it really didn't break the bank. I apply this topically, wherever I have a cluster of spots or just a few blemishes, around my face. 

This isn't an overnight solution but it does help reduce the appearance of any blemish overnight and it soothes the area surrounding it as well. I'm not quite ready to leave my staple spot saviour though, so I probably won't be repurchasing this.


Kiehl's Butterstick Lip Treatment - Pure Petal


Looking after your lips is so important, especially during the cold winter months and I keep finding myself reaching for this lip treatment from Kiehl's when I'm going to bed. I received my first one of these little guys when it was launching in 2017 but have since repurchased it a few times and even keep one in my handbag/college bag all the time!

The lip treatment comes in a variety of shades, I use Pure Petal when I don't want any lipstick on over it, but would love a touch of colour for my lips. The formula is so moisturising and it smells amazing.

I use the untinted version at night when I'm going to bed and just lather on a thick layer of it, to keep my lips hydrated overnight. My lips always feel so soft and moisturised when I'm using this and they haven't been chapped at all this winter!

If you're lips usually chap or become dry in the cold weather, I would 100% recommend picking one of these up the next time you're in Arnotts or a Kiehl's store! They retail for €20 (don't quote me on  that as I bought mine in duty free) and are a lifesaver for me!


The Ordinary AHA 30% and BHA 2% Peeling Solution


So I am totally new to any tip of peeling product you can use at home, mainly because my skin is super dry anyway so the word peeling just puts me off a product, but I am loving this so far!

I've seen everyone from friends to bloggers and models use this product and it was another panic purchase when I thought the company was closing down because I knew I had to try it. The whole point of it is to exfoliate the top layer of your skin while helping to reduce pore congestion, basically a dream product.

I've been using this twice a week (the recommended amount) and leave it on my skin for about ten minutes. I have read reviews where some people experience burning after applying the solution but I haven't had any side effects as of yet. I do apply a water-based moisturiser straight after though!

I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a new skincare product that helps your skin look brighter and smoother after a few applications.

The AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution is available from Arnotts for €7.20.


Freederm Pore Minimiser 


So this was totally an impulse buy in Boots a few weeks ago because I do have some very large pores on the side of my face and I was hoping this could help reduce their appearance.

I do like the results I get from this product. I tend to apply it to my face during the prep stage of my makeup so while cleansing etc... but before applying any makeup products and I wait about ten minutes before I start my makeup. 

It does help reduce the appearance of my pores and doesn't feel greasy or like silicone (I love Porefessional but hate the silicone feeling). I also use it on my skin when I'm not wearing any makeup just to give me a little confidence boost.

The one downfall is that alcohol is the second highest ingredient so it can be a little drying and it smells very strongly of alcohol as well.

This product is no longer listed on the Boots website but is still in store and retails for about €9.


Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray


I bought this a good while ago from Beauty Bay and it was just sitting on my shelf for a good few months. I finally started using it during exams because to be honest, I was too lazy to keep my skincare routine as lengthy as it usually is, but knew I needed to keep my skin hydrated. 

First off, this product is pink, so what's not to love? It also smells SO GOOD. Sort of like rose flavoured turkish delight and I love it.

I spritz some onto my face at night, just before I go to bed so I have some added hydration while I'm sleeping and it is fantastic. It helps my skin feel refreshed and so many people keep telling me to try it out as a setting spray! 

I will soon and if I love it even more, I'll definitely let you guys know! Until then, I happily spritz a fabulous smelling pink spray onto my face every evening.

Mario Badescu's Facial Sprays are available from Beauty Bay and range from €8.25 to €11.95.


Uriage Age Protect Multi-Action Detox Night Cream


So the press release for the Uriage Age Protect line popped into my inbox in September and I was kind of shocked because I was 20 at the time and didn't think I needed to use any kind of anti-ageing product just yet.

Boy was I wrong! After some research, I found out that using an appropriate anti-ageing product from 21 can really help your skin as you get older. I opted to try the night cream as I do have dry skin and knew that even if I didn't notice any fine line or wrinkle difference just yet, my skin would definitely be hydrated. 

Uriage created the Age Protect range with the intent to protect skin from pollution, natural and artificial blue light. The concept behind the range is fantastic as along with anti-ageing properties, it helps protect your skin from pollutants our skin faces on a daily basis.

Hopefully using anti-ageing products like this pays off in the future, but for now I'm happy with the fact that I wake up to skin that feels hydrated and the cream is non-greasy which is a bonus!

The Multi-Action Detox Night Cream has an RRP of €33 and is available from pharmacies nationwide.


I will definitely keep you guys up-to-date with any changes or additions to my skincare routine in the coming months.
I am actively trying to shop my stash, so if I do introduce any new products, they've been sitting on my shelf waiting to be used for months already!

Do you use any of the same products as me?
Do you have any recommendations for anti-ageing products?

Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.
Snapchat: Ciarakxo



No comments:

Post a Comment