Saturday 26 September 2015

American Candy Taste Test


The lovely people over at American Soda sent me some American candy to try during the week and you have no idea how excited I was when the box arrived. I got to choose what I was sent so I picked things I had never tried, besides the Hershey's bar because I am in love with it.

I've decided to put a twist on my first impressions of everything by describing it using emojis!


Apple's Smiling Face With Heart-Shaped Eyes
I have never loved sugar so much. If there's a blue raspberry option, I always go for it but America hits it on the nail with this flavour! Think 'wham' bars but chewy. 



Apple's Thinking Face
I don't know what to think about these guys. I love the green, orange and red ones but the blue and yellow ones aren't great. The blue ones disappointed me the most but the jelly baby-like texture kind of made up for the flavour. If it was just three flavours, I would love these but the blue and yellow jellies have really let me down.


Apple's Face Throwing a Kiss
Yes! I love trying new oreo flavours because we don't have a great selection in Ireland. I was completely torn between birthday cake oreos or heads and tails but I ended up going with these beauties! The flavour combination is so good! The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't really 'double stuf'. Our double stuff oreos are actually double stuff so in that sense, I prefer the Irish ones. Based on flavour, heads and tails stole my heart!


Apple's Face Savouring Delicious Food
Although I can't place the exact flavour of Swedish Fish, I love them! The slightly harder outer shell is nice and the inside is chewy but not chewy enough to get stuck on your teeth! I wouldn't go as far as saying I prefer these over Haribos but they're a pretty close match!


Apple's Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Tightly-Closed Eyes
You can't go wrong with watermelon flavour anything. I can't fault this chewing gum at all. The flavour lasts for ages and it doesn't taste too artificial.


Apple's White Smiling Face
A lot of people don't like Hershey's but I love it. I think it tastes like M&Ms which are my favourite type of chocolate.  Love love love this bar dunked into tea!


Apple's Party PopperApple's Party PopperApple's Party Popper
I love the watermelon jellies you buy in sweet shops like Auntie Nellie's but Sour Patch Watermelon knocked the ball out of the park! I think I've eaten half the bag, that's how good they are! I definitely prefer these to Sour Patch Kids!

If you're interested in buying any of the sweets I tried check out www.americansoda.co.uk 
Delivery is super quick and they have a wide range of American products!

Let me know what I should try next in the comments below!

Ciara,

xoxo.

Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com


No comments:

Post a Comment