Saturday 25 April 2015

The Vamps World Tour


If you follow me on social media, you'll know that I couldn't post on Wednesday because I was sick during the week and I went to see the Vamps on Wednesday night! The Vamps are a English band that started out on YouTube (I came across them when my sister showed me their cover of Taylor Swift's 22 a little over two years ago). Their debut album 'Meet The Vamps' came out last year and the world tour started in January this year!

So my sister and I met up with my friends Niamh and Ellen before the concert and ended up standing in the third row!

The Tide and Union J were the support acts. The Tide are an American band that The Vamps signed to their record label earlier this year. I really liked their songs and they had a great stage presence ! 


Union J were on the X Factor a few years ago and have released two albums since then. I'm still heartbroken over Louis choosing Union J over District 3 but their songs are good !

The Vamps were so good ! I was on the right side of the stage so Connor was there most of the time, Brad and James came over to the right occasionally. The setlist was so good! 'Girls on TV' was definitely my favourite song.

#OnStageWithTheVamps is such a cool thing to have on tour! Every night they bring someone up on stage and they get to meet the Vamps on stage and ask them a question. I would've loved to have gone up but I was happy for the girl that got to go up! 

I also loved the mashup they had towards the start of the set because they sang some of 'Shake It Off' because Taylor is fab and they killed it! 

Fun fact: The Vamps supported Taylor in her sold-out London shows last year as part of the Red Tour.


Their setlist was:

1. Wild Heart.
2. Hurricane.
3. Somebody To You.
4. Uptown Funk/ Seven Nation Army/ Shake It Off/ We Can't Stop Mashup.
5. Last Night.
6. Move My Way.
7. In Too Deep (Sum 41 Cover).
8. Another World.
9. Lovestruck.
10. Girls On TV.
11. Oh Cecilia.
12. Risk It All.
13. Can We Dance.

I totally think Connor should make it his picture on Twitter !

The concert was so good and now I really want to see them in the Marquee in Cork during the summer !

It's safe to say the post-concert depression has set in.....

SophieLouTallant  posted some amazing videos of the concert on YouTube. go check them out!
Have you been to see the Vamps?
What was your favourite song?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,
xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment