Saturday 29 August 2015

Back to School Survival Tips


September is right around the corner and I'm going back to school on Monday. Sixth Year is such a big year when it comes to school and everyone needs life hacks to keep level-headed during the stressful months. 

I have compiled a few of my favourite back to school tips for everyone, not just Sixth Years to help you ease back into the school routine!


If you're like me and you struggle to get up in the morning, Sleep Time will be your new best friend! This is a free app the tracks your sleep cycle and can wake you up when you're in a lighter sleep. It can go off a half hour before you've set it or anytime between the thirty minutes.


Studies have shown that if you chew the same flavoured chewing gum while studying and taking the test, you will retain more information. Always keep a pack in your bag and one on the desk or area where you study!


If you're like me and find Sraith Pictiúr difficult to remember, voice memos are your new best friends! I record whatever I want to learn and play it back to myself when I'm going to sleep or on my way to school. I would definitely prefer to listen to music but I have found the information easier to retain and I will definitely be using voice memos for a lot of my oral work this year!


Everyone tells you to keep your journal organised! It definitely helps with keeping up-to-date on assignments and tests. I like to write each subject in one column, the assignment in the main body and then I draw a small column for the due date. Staying organised will help to reduce your stress levels and keep on top of everything!

Expanding file folders are another way of staying organised and knowing where everything is. I only have one at the moment with one section for each subject but this year, I will inevitably need more during the year and they are so easy to store!


If you're finding the first few weeks of school difficult, have a movie night with your friends! Whip out all the high school classics like Clueless, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Mean Girls, even High School Musical if you're up for it! Movie nights are perfect for just chilling out with your friends and I hope to do it at least once a month with my friends this year!


Last year I kept on taking the wrong notebooks out of my bag in class because they all looked the same. This year, I plan on colouring the top section of each notebook a different colour so I don't get them mixed up in my bag! You could even write the name of the subject on top of the notebook to make things easier!

During the summer, I bought a small storage box that looks like a book. I plan on filling it up with essentials and keeping it in my locker during the year, the box will blend in with everything else in my locker as well! You could fill it with lip balm, tissues, paracetamol, bobbins, emergency snacks and anything else you think you may need!


If you're like me and you hate having your hair tied up but you want it out of your face, the top knot is perfect for you! This hairstyle keeps any wispy bits out of your face but still look cuter than a ponytail because that just does not suit me at all!


The Pretty in Pink scene has absolutely no connection to this tip but I had to fit in an 80s high school movie somewhere...... Walking on the right-hand side of the corridor will stop so many traffic jams! The older years should know which side of the corridor to walk on by now but younger years will need to be told. It saves so much hassle and stops people pushing around!


I've been long-listed for the 2015 Irish Blog Awards in not one, but two catagories; Best Beauty Blog and Best Youth Blog! The shortlist will be posted on September 2nd so fingers crossed until then! Thank you to everyone who nominated me!


Good luck to everyone starting back to school!

I hope my back to school survival tips help you in the new school year!
Do you have any tips you'd like to share?
Let me know in the comments below!

Ciara,

xoxo.

Bloglovin: www.bloglovin.com




No comments:

Post a Comment